It’s heeerrrreeee. AND here if you’re just KEEN to see it on the Austin 360 page. I announce my six pack (picks!) for the week every Wednesday morning, 9am Central Time, on 104.9 The Horn FM. You can listen in by way of 104.9 FM, AM 1260, via The Horn app or on their website (desktop only – use app if you’re on phone or iPad) at HornFM.com
Six Pack for August 22, 2018
- Between now and Sunday September 2nd it’s Austin Restaurant Week…. Or weeks. If you’re recently in from NYC or LA you’re already familiar with the concept – but Austin DOES IT EVEN BETTER – by partnering with the Central Texas Food Bank. So every time you enjoy a lunch or dinner prix fixe meal at one of the participating restaurants you’re ALSO supporting the Central Texas Food Bank who can turn each dollar donated into FOUR meals for our central Texas neighbors. TRUE STORY: One out of every six of our central Texas neighbors is hungry. This is such a great charity to support – and SUCH a great way to do so. Participating restaurants include Barley Swine, Be More Pacific Filipino Kitchen and Bar, Café No Se, The Capital Grille, drink.well, The Driskell Grill, Easy Tiger, Eddie V’s, Hillside Pharmacy, III Forks, L’Oca d’Ora, Parkside, PERRY’S STEAK HOUSE (Pork Chop Friday anyone?), Thai Fresh (my faaaavorite), Via 313 AND SO MANY MORE. https://www.austinrestaurantweeks.org/ to make your reservation
- Also tonight, Wednesday night August 22nd, Get It Gals presents a GAME OF THRONES triva night at Hole In The Wall, i.e. everyone’s favorite and one of the oldest live music venues in Austin. Trivia starts at 8pm.
- This Thursday through Sunday is the Tiny House & Simple Living Jamboree! Billed as the place to be for those who are ABOUT the Tiny House and more mindful movement, you can score tickets for $15 to $45 and can expect to learn from simple lifestyle advocates, fellow tiny house enthusiasts, and industry experts who are sharing what’s going on and what’s next with the smaller living movement. https://www.tinyhousejamboree.com/
- This Friday night, Riders Against the Storm and DJ Chorizo are hosting a house party so big it will actually be at the North Door – it’s the King of Pop’s 60th Birthday party, aka the 8th Annual MJ Birthday Party hosted by RAS. My first RAS party was exactly this event a couple of years ago and it was a LIFE CHANGING life-affirming event. Truly they attract people of all ages and backgrounds who come together to have serious fun. The majority Michael Jackson soundtrack doesn’t hurt. This is happening from 10pm – 2am and is the kind of good fun you won’t forget. Go. http://do512.com/events/2018/8/24/body-rock-atx-8th-annual-mj-bday-party
- This Sunday Funday is my date night done right pick. It’s just a daytime version. Take your sweetie to check out the pop up Museum of Doughnuts, hosted by local Instagram celeb, a Taste of Koko. Basically the Refinery downtown will offer a plethora of doughnuts from Gourdough’s, Bougie’s, Hank’s, Master Doughnut’s and so many more… along with a plethora of latte options, photo ops and merch. The first tickets sold out stupid quickly so they’ve offered up a round two and three option for you to get in between 2pm and 7pm. Tickets required. Get yours before they sell out at: https://museumofdonuts.splashthat.com/
- ALSO this Sunday Funday and also totally my date night done right pick… it’s the Chronicle’s 28th Annual Hot Sauce festival. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?! Details are at https://www.austinchronicle.com/hot-sauce/