Hello friends, how are you on this WTF Wednesday? I’m excited for this weekend, where I’ll get to hug the Little Brother who celebrates FOUR YEARS sober today (yay yay yay yay YAAAAAY Mr. MILES!!!!!) and my step-Dad who wants to celebrate Father’s Day by cooking brisket for our family lunch (Mmmkay, I can do that. Thanks!).
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all of the Father’s and Father Figures out there.
Meanwhile, Austin carries on with 1,001 options of things to do. Here’s my six pack i.e. six most favorite #SerenaSaysYES picks. Enjoy.
AND… stay tuned. <3
WTF Wed. FATHER’S DAY six pack:
- Today, Wednesday: from 9:30am until 12:30pm, so RIGHT NOW, Austin Pet’s Alive and ABGB is hosting “The Hells Yes” project – where the focus is on getting some of their longest stay residents into healthy and happy and loving homes. So here’s what happens if you want to help sweet doggies find their forever homes: 1. You can go to APA at 1156 W Cesar Cavez St. – you’ll need to fill out a short term volunteer form for legal and safety reasons – then you take a picture or pictures and/or a selfie with one OR MORE of their featured long stay residents dogs. Hashtag #LoveALongStay #SelfiesWithALongStay and/or #HellYesProject… if you can’t make it out YOU CAN STILL HELP by getting on the social medias and liking and sharing the featured long stay doggies – find them by #LoveALongStay #SelfiesWithALongStay and/or #HellYesProject. Easy peasy. ALSO – all of APA’s fees are being waived for Senior Dogs today June 13. SENIOR DOGS NEED FOREVER HOMES TOO.
- Also today, or tonight at 8pm, it’s Dirty Sexy Yoga. The guy who leads the class, Harleigh promises “this is not your Mama’s yoga, in fact it’s filthy, crass and a LOT of fun. Classes are an experience of captivating moments, liberations of the soul, challenges of the mind and body and sweat, almost always sweat.” Class is $5 if you just want class, $10 if you’d like a beer with your class on Wednesdsay at 8pm – or Sunday at noon. Classes take place behind The Spokesman on St. Elmo Rd. . VulgarVinyasa.com
- Date Night Done Right is this Friday with a John Cusack Live performance following a screening of his movie High Fidelity at the Bass Concert Hall. If you were alive and watching movies in the 80’s you know what’s up and why this is my date night pick. The End.
- This weekend kicks off the Jaws On The Water screenings – where you watch the movie Jaws while floating in an innertube in the water at Volente Beach resort and Water Park on Lake Travis . Advanced ticket purchase required. (Yes – this is the same location as the Alamo Drafthouse screenings that start there June 30th.)
- Calling all ComicCon peeps – the Greater Austin Comic Con is happening in the Cedar Park H-E-B Center this Saturday and Sunday… where Weird Wacky and Geeky is Kewl. They promise celebrities, comic book artist and cos play. OF COURSE. Doug Jones from The Shape of Water and Walter Jones from the Power Rangers. Nothing says Happy Father’s Day like a trip to Comic Con no??
- Finally, on Father’s Day, aka Sunday, June 17th: Cars and Coffee at the Circuit of the Americas in Parking Lot A. It’s a monthly pop-up car show. FREE to attend and family friendly with coffee and concessions for sale and COTA Karting is open from 8am to noon. Walk ups only – no reservations! Leashed dogs are welcome. Proceeds from this event go towards the Central Texas Food Bank, aka the largest hunger-relief charity in Central Texas. Winnn! (vvrrrooooooom)