Sooo, here we are again. Another Wednesday. And even more “Where’s The Fun” questions… with answers BELOW.
If you’re in Austin, tune in to 104.9 The Horn FM where I join Bucky and Erin and wax poetic about my six picks, introduce you to a Statesman Media journalist (this week it’s ADDIEEEEE!) and otherwise enjoy myself and share my life hacks. Join us between 9am – 10am Central Time, EVERY WEDNESDAY MORNING. Listen on the app, HornFM.com or at 104.9 FM if you are lucky enough to be in the ATX.
You’re welcome. I adore you. Stay tuned…
- Date night done right 1 of 2: this Friday night, June 1st; Banger’s Sausage House on Rainey is hosting a Summer Love Luau with lots of giveaway, cured ham sausage with coconut rice and pineapple relish – and hello – it’s a Summer Love Luau COMPLETE with prizes for Best Summer Outfit. I feel like it should be Best Hawaiian Outfit but whatever… everyone gets leeid at a Luau yes? 😉 Click HERE for more information.
- Also this Friday night; date night done right part 2 of 2: Rob Lowe is at the Paramount with “Stories I Only Tell My Friends” – his one man show based on his TWO New York Times best selling memoirs, “Stories I Only Tell My Friends” and “Love Life.” Basically, Rob is giving us a peek behind the curtain of Hollywood Fame from the Brat Pack to the West Wing to Parks and Rec, sharing his true stories about Marriage and Fatherhood, and a lot of laughs. Tickets start at $25 through there’s a meet-n-greet options for $225. https://tickets.austintheatre.org/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=3236
- On Saturday – there’s a Mobley album release party with Alesia Lani opening at Mohawk. THIS IS A DREAM PAIRING. Mobley is known for being weird and talented AF. Alesia has my heart – soothing fiercely feminine r&b flow – and totally an Austin girl – sooo go. AND you can check out Alesia Lani who was a guest on the Austin360 Studio Sessions from October 2017 by clicking HERE or going to Austin360.com/StudioSessions
- ALSO Saturday – ANOTHER fellow Studio Sesh alum – country singer songwriter Austin native and all around Badass John Baumann is playing at Stubb’s BBQ. Win win winnnnn! Click HERE for his Stubb’s info. AND you can find his previously recorded Studio Session (from April 2017) HERE or at Austin360.com/StudioSessions
- My Family friendly pick is for Sunday: the Bob Bullock museum has an exhibit about Rodeo – and thanks to H-E-B you and your favorite peeps can get in for freeee this Sunday between noon and 5pm. Western Wear is encouraged, you can practice roping, try on cowboy costumes and otherwise find out more about Rodeos and Cowboys for free. There are special family friendly programs from noon to 3pm. H-E-B Free First Sunday Rodeo exhibit deets are HERE. TheStoryOfTexas.com
- And one more date night done RIGHT option happens this Sunday night with a Winemaker dinner at Foreign & Domestic. The winemaker is Randy Hester of C.L. Butaud and Lightning Wines. I care because he started his wine career in Napa over 10 years ago – starting with Cakebread Cellers. He’s had the good fortune and sense to now be the winemaker for C. L. Batud which is a TEXAS wine – and will present four wines – paired with food from Foreign and Domestics Chef and Owner, Sarah Heard. tickets are $85 and $95 with proceeds benefiting WFFT – Wine Food Foundation of Texas. If you like wine and food and making your date oh so happy with both get yer tickets HERE or at WineFoodFoundation.Org