It’s here! And it’s fabulous if I do say so myself. Remember you can hear my latest picks for the upcoming week live on 104.9 The Horn here in Austin.
More to come later. xoxo
- DATE NIGHT done right – for some – at the Blue Starlight Drive in movie theater over there in Mueller. WEDNESDAY May 16th = Teen Wolf. Friday May 18th and Saturday May 19th = Back to the Future 1 AND 2 (yes, that’s a double feature each night) and on Sunday May 20th – it’s the 40th Anniversary of Animal House. Seriously so fun – and only $16 per vehicle – and it’s not yet way too hot sooo… go. www.bluestarlightdrivein.com
- Bastrop Music Festival is this weekend – IN BASTROP of course! www.BastropMusicFestival.com It’s their first – and not likely their last – with a solid musical lineup that includes hometown heroes The Peterson Brothers (EVERYBODY LOVES THE PETERSON BROTHERS). You can catch them Monday nights at the Continental Club – or at this music festival along with Shinyribs and 28 other bands (blues, country, tex-mex, soul fok and latin genres represented very well).
- This Saturday, SIX AM AND SO WORTH THE EARLY WAKE UP, Haymaker is hosting a Royal Wedding watch party!!! Haymaker is hosting a legit wedding watching party complete with prizes for the best hat, a wedding cake ceremony, wedding bingo, a themed breakfast menu (I SO HOPE THEY HAVE SMASHED PEAS) and cocktail specials. I may not have makeup on that early but I will SO BE THERE. http://www.haymakeraustin.com/
- Saturday night – roller derby because WHY NOT?! The Texas Rollergirls have a home teams single header match up. 5pm at at the Austin Sports Center on Woodward Street (just south of St. Edward’s). Doors open at 5, opening ceremony is at 5:45 and the bout starts at 6pm. Next one is June 23rd so don’t wait – go. www.TexasRollerGirls.org
- Sunday Brunch – The Austin Tour Company presents the Brunch Boat by Capital Cruises and 365 Things Austin includes pizza from Via313, Deep Eddy Vodka bloody mary’s, a DJ, chips and queso and breakfast tacos – oh! – and all while crusing town lake on an air conditioned boat with bathrooms. The cruise departs the Hyatt Regency dock at 11:30am – and returns at 1:30pm. Tickets required. Buy yours HERE. www.austintourcompany.com
- Cochon555 (pics above from their last event, August 2017) – yes yes I mentioned it last week but they haven’t sold out yet and I would be REMISS if I didn’t mention it for a second week and do a better job of explaining. Cochon555 if 5 Chefs, 5 Pigs, 5 Winemakers…. Competing in different cities like Austin this Sunday night (and Miami in June and Denver also in June) with each event/city picking a winner in each category. Then the superbowl / finale is in Chicago on September 30th. Tickets start at $130. YOU SHOULD ARRIVE HUNGRY AF. It’s at the Four Seasons hotel and I would strongly encourage a ride share. There’s a DJ in the background, everybody is in a great mood and there’s more food and drink than you can possibly consume. I TRIED and failed last year. It’s a great time. http://cochon555.com/us-tour/2018-austin/