WTF stands for Where’s The FUN, obvi…
I share these six picks every Wednesday morning on 104.9 the Horn FM right after 9am Central Time. You can tune in at HornFM.com or via their app… or just check out my picks for this weekend below.
1. THIS Thursday at noon – yes I know there’s a draft coming up – but kick it off with a private concert where you can ask the musical guest, Austin’s own Cowboy Diplomacy, your questions live and hear them answered live in the latest episode of the Austin360 Studio Session presented by Bud Light! YES, this is the show I host and YES it is one of my favorite gigs ever as I love hearing the musicians play live – (oh the excitement and opportunity for a “mistake!”) and then your questions. Tune in and join us on the Austin360 Facebook page – the livestream pops up at noon central time – or if you’re OFF of Facebook, you can tune in via Austin360.com/StudioSessions . When we go live that URL flips into a livestream broadcast – then flips back to a website once we’re off air. Cowboy Diplomacy will play their newly released single Follow Me and I’ll be asking your questions. What could possibly go wrong?
2. Also! Paleo FX is this weekend! #healthy – Paleo Party! The ever growing Paleo FX conference is here this weekend. Speakers include Aubrey Marcus of Onnit, Mark Sisson, Dr. Joseph Mercola – creator of Mercola.com – and what looks like dozens of other international speakers will be sharing at what is billed as the largest Paleo expo on our planet. Wheee! Tickets are available for the Expo only for $167, and there’s Expo and Speakers etc. etc. https://www.paleofx.com/paleo-fx-event/ TICKETS OFF SALE AS OF THURSDAY 4/26 so get yours. IRONICALLY this weekend is ALSO the Austin Food and Wine Festival which is all kinds of sold out – so if you have tickets – good for you! (Waye Mueller is involved! Wheee!)
3. ALSO THIS THURSDAY, in case the draft isn’t exciting enough, the newest Avengers movie, Avengers: Infinity War, TEN YEARS IN THE MAKING, is out and playing evverrrrywhere including the Bullock Museum’s IMAX theater. I’m geekig out. Captain America, Iron Man, Spider Man, Thor, Loki, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Bucky Barnes, Doctor Strange, War Machine, Vision, Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy!) and Gamora, all fighting Thanos.
4. My Family Friendly suggestion is to head out to Dripping Springs for the Dripping Springs 31st annual Founder’s Day Festival #family friendly, it’s THIS weekend kicking off with a parade and fireworks on Friday night, live music, street vendors, bbq contests etc. on Saturday – a community church service from 10am to noon on Sunday followed by more live music and a chili cook-off contest to close out the deal.
5. My date night done right pick: Dale Watson, is playing his latest album, “Call me Insane” at The Broken Spoke on Saturday, 9pm… ish. Fun fact: The Spoke offers free dance lessons from 8pm to 9pm every Wednesday and Saturday and men are always ESPECIALLY welcome as there are always more women in that hour. Dancehall opens at 7:30 – the restaurant is open at 11am. https://www.brokenspokeaustintx.net/
6. Round the weekend out on Sunday, 4/29 at the FIRST annual Woodworkers of Austin Spring Social – 2pm – 6pm at the Skull Mechanix Brewing company. Have a beer, show off your latest project, discuss your favorite woodworking You Tube star, and meet fellow makers! Cold beer and food available. In attendance = The Woodworking Social Club, Broads and Boards, Fine woodworkers of Austin and the Central Texas Woodcarvers Association. Great for networking and kid friendly. Buy your tickets via Eventbright or click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/woodworkers-of-austin-spring-social-registration-43440949048?aff=efbeventtix
Bonus: The Texas Burlesque Fetival is taking place at the Paramount downtown this Friday and Saturday at 7pm. http://texasburlesquefestival.com/